The Longest Day of the Year is upon us. More time for Adventure!
Here are 7 quick and fun facts about the solstice from timeanddate.com:
1. Universal. The Solstice is and has been celebrated by every culture across the planet, basically for ever. It is part of the human experience.
2. Relative Observation. Technically the Solstice is when the Sun is directly above the Tropic of Cancer which occurs at 0424 UTC (think Greenwich) today. For those of us living in CST North America Solstice occurred at 2324 last night.
3. Today is the first day of Summer.
4. Counter intuitive. Today the Earth is actually farthest from the Sun in her annual trip.
5. The earliest sunrise happened a couple days ago; the latest sunset will happen a couple days from now.
6. Daylight surplus. The Arctic Circle is experiencing 24 hours of Daylight. Bring shades.
7. While the Arctic got 24/1 sunlight we in CST North America [only] got 15:54 hours of BOB.
The great news: That's more than enough time for a lottle [sic] Adventure!
That is more than enough time for 954 pica.adventures
Nearly 32 microadventures
4 Mini Adventures
-or- get crazily efficient and have yourself a straight-up adventure and sleep on the Winter Solstice.
#Time enough for 900 #adventures. Make the most of #solstice and #summer @ www.wanderlost.today
born for the saddle
Join the VIKINGfit
virtual Row Team 8760:
Not all who WANDER are LOST